You may be eligible for the P2 program to relocate to the United States if you worked for a US NGO or media organization (even when it was not funded by US Government).
Official website: https://www.wrapsnet.org/siv-iraqi-syrian-afghan-p2/ - see "Instructions for U.S.-Based Media & U.S.-Based NGOs Afghan P2 Referrals"
What to do
- You must leave Afghanistan to any other country with a US Embassy (e.g. anywhere except Iran where there is no US Embassy) before getting a P2 referral .
- The most senior US citizen of the media organization must submit the following by email to the address mentioned in the instructions:
- Complete referral form
- Complete employment verification form
- Scans of the following documents (this is optional to include but highly encouraged if available):
- Documents to establish identity: passport; national ID; birth certificates
- Documents to establish relationships: marriage, divorce, death, and/or birth certificates
- Documents to establish employment history: employment badges, employer affidavits